Fire Destroys Wimbledon Home
JAMESTOWN – A state fire marshal has determined an electrical wiring problem triggered a fire early Thursday morning that destroyed a home, two garages and a camper in Wimbledon, ND.

The Barnes County Sheriff’s department reports all the members of the family evacuated safely from a fire that was reported at 12:36 a.m. Thursday. Sheriff Randy McClaflin reported that the home, single stall attached garage, single stall unattached garage and camper were engulfed by the time firefighter arrived at the scene. No one was injured.

The American Red Cross is assisting the family.

Fire departments from Wimbledon, Dazey and Courtenay fought the fire into the late morning hours of Thursday. The Jamestown Ambulance and Barnes County Sheriff’s Office also were on the scene.